Green Hut Trust is an environmental non-profit organization that works with communities, individuals, state and non-state entities in addressing endemic environmental challenges. We specialize in Climate education, mitigation and adaptation, biodiversity conservation, waste management and environmental awareness.
Towards communities and citizens that are climate literate, resilient and actively participate in solution formulation to endemic environmental challenges
To inspire and promote environmental consciousness, proactivity and sustainable development in communities across Zimbabwe.
The objectives of the initiative are to:
- Promote sustainable agricultural technologies and best farming practices.
- Sustainable manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation and biodiversity losses.
- End hunger, achieve food security, improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Facilitate technological, entrepreneurial skills development of communities.
- Create opportunities that reward talent, innovation, skills, expertise, creativity and facilitate individuals and communities to work towards self-reliance.
- Continuously sensitize communities on endemic environmental challenges and create opportunities for their active participation in solution formulation.
- Facilitate the exchange of knowledge and perspectives on socio-economic, environmental and sustainable development across the country.
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- Waste management.
- Biodiversity conservation.
- Sustainable Development.
- Environmental Education and Awareness.
Source: Green Hut Trust