As Monday 2nd May is an “extra” public holiday [because the Workers’ Day public holiday yesterday fell on Sunday] committee meetings this week will start on Tuesday 3rd May, the same day on which both the Senate and the National Assembly resume sitting after the recess which began on 13th April.
Open committee meetings [meetings that are open to attendance by members of the public as observers only] are scheduled for Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings this week, as shown in the following tables. The tables also show whether a meeting will be virtual or physical or hybrid (both virtual and physical).
Tuesday 3rd May at 10 am
Portfolio Committee: Lands, Agriculture, Water, Fisheries and Rural Resettlement (physical meeting)
- Venue: Senate Chamber
- Oral evidence from Mr J. Matika on the dispute over grazing lands in Makoni, District, Osborne Village.
Thursday 5th May at 9 am
Portfolio Committee: Primary and Secondary Education (physical meeting)
- Venue: Government Caucus Room
- Oral evidence from the Permanent Secretary for Primary and Secondary Education on progress in construction of schools.
Thursday 5th May at 10 am
Portfolio Committee: Energy and Power Development (virtual meeting)
Oral evidence on the manufacturing of electricity transformers from:
- Hawker Siddeley Engineering
- Harare Institute of Technology
- S. E. Electrical Engineering and
- Nical Transformers.
Portfolio Committee: Industry and Commerce (hybrid meeting)
Oral evidence with the Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce on laws and regulations that are impeding on the ease of doing business.
Portfolio Committee: Women Affairs, Community, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (physical meeting)
- Senate Chamber
- Oral evidence from the Women’s Coalition of Zimbabwe on its petition on the need for unpaid care work.
Portfolio Committee: Information, Media and Broadcasting Services (virtual meeting)
Oral evidence on the operations of New ZIANA from:
- The Ministry of Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services
- New ZIANA.
Friday 6th May at 9 am
Public Accounts Committee Sub-Committee on Central Government Accounts
Oral evidence on the findings in the 2019 Auditor-General’s Report from the Ministries of:
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade and
- Local Government and Public Works.
How to Follow Virtual and Hybrid Open Meetings on the ZOOM Platform
For assistance in following the proceedings in virtual open meetings on the ZOOM platform as observers, interested persons should contact the following for the meeting ID and passcode: Parliament’s Public Relations Office, Tel: +263 242 700181-6 or +263 242 252936 – 55.
No Public Consultations / Hearings This Week
There are NO public consultations or hearings scheduled for this week.