The Portfolio Committee on Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare will hold public hearings on the Private Voluntary Organizations Amendment Bill (H.B.10,2021). The committee will split into two teams which will cover various places in Zimbabwe from Monday 28 February 2022 to Friday 4 March 2022 as shown in the tables in the attached PDF notice supplied by Parliament. The two teams will cover all provinces in the country between them. Team A will start with a hearing in Harare at the Zimbabwe Hall, Highfield., from 10 am to 12 noon. Team B will start with a hearing in Guruve at Ruyamuro Business Centre from 11 am to 1 pm.
FM Radio Programmes
In addition to number of “physical” hearings, the programme includes four “virtual” hearings on radio stations as follows:
- Diamond FM Monday 28 February 6 – 7 PM
- SKYZ Metro Tuesday 1 March 6 – 7 PM
- National FM Tuesday 1 March 7 – 8 PM
- Nyaminyami FM Friday 4 March 5 – 6 PM
Team members will be in the studio, and listeners will be able to phone in or use WhatsApp to ask for clarification of issues.
Written Submissions and Queries
Parliament’s notice [attached] also deals fully with how to make written submissions on the Bill [including by email] and to which officers of Parliament to address queries.
Veritas Documents Available
The following relevant documents are available on the Veritas website via the links indicated:
- Private Voluntary Organisations Amendment Bill
- Private Voluntary Organisations Act
- Veritas commentary on and criticism of the Bill in Bill Watch 72/2021 and Bill Watch 74/2021.