This year’s Valentine’s Day comes at a time when ZIMSEC has announced examination fees beyond the reach of many Zimbabweans, teachers are severely incapacitated and there is no learning taking place in our schools. This is a unique opportunity for us teachers to demonstrate our love for our profession and send an undiluted message to the government demanding interbank rate indexed salaries and more learning materials for our learners.
Under the #LoveZw campaign we invite teachers of Zimbabwe to:
1) Wear any red regalia (worksuits, overalls etc )and go to work on Friday 14 February 2020.
2) Write a Unique postcard committing yourself to your work but demanding the following:
- a) Government subsidies for examination fees
- b) Interbank indexed salaries
- c) Teaching and learning materials for the new curriculum
3) Share a picture of your postcard with our information department.
We invite members of the public to wear red on Friday 14 February 2020 and share your own postcards demanding inclusive access to quality education under the tags #MyProfessionMyMebo #LoveZw #LoveOurEducation #OurEducationOurPride
Teachers are currently earning salaries way below the Poverty Datum Line rendering them severely incapacitated. Lets stand in solidarity with our teachers.
Zimbabwe’s education system is our source of pride, lets jealously guard against its collapse.
Source: Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe (ARTUZ)