We have a Constitutional Amendments page which we update each time we add new analysis, statements or information about the amendments.
Kubatana is also compiling short briefs on each clause, outlining key arguments about them from different civil society organisations and public commentators:
- Running Mates Clause
- Youth Quota Clause
- Promotion and Tenure of Judges Clauses
- Appointment and Removal of the Prosecutor-General Clause
- Clauses on Removing Members of Parliament from Provincial / Metropolitan Councils
- Parliamentary Oversight Clause
- Delimitation Clause
Check out Veritas’ clause by clause briefs on the amendments:
- Part 1: Running mates clause and Parliament’s oversight on foreign agreements
- Part 2: Appointment and tenure of judges
- Part 3: Delimitation and cabinet ministers
- Part 4: Prosecutor-General, Civil Service, Chief Secretary to President and Cabinet and Office of Public Protector
- Part 5: Youth Quota, Women’s Quota and Provincial and Metropolitan Councils
Get active! According to the Constitution, Parliament must consult the public about these amendments. Get informed so you can make your considered submissions to Parliament. If you’d like to be the first with the Constitutional Amendment info, WhatsApp us on +263 779 567 768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and say Amendment Info.