Our unity has brought us this far. We have overcome all the hurdles coming our way and collectively we continue doing so.
Apologies for not availing the minutes of the meeting in time as we had planned on doing it in concurrency with the Ministry through a joint statement.
- Ministry had no new offer
- No agreement has been reached so far
We expressed our willingness to return to work immediately upon fulfilment of the following 5 points:
- Cessation of all hostility (hearings, dismissals, salary cuts and eviction)
- A significant improvement in our remuneration from the current take home offer
- Fulfillment of all the non-monetary offers within an agreed time frame of up to 31 December
- Show of commitment by the employer by paying up the first salary agreed on by both parties before going back to work
- Implementation of private public partnerships (donors, retention, allowances, etc.)
The Minister said he would take the matter of the responsible authorities and come back with feedback.
It’s now two months without salaries for troops in the trenches we call upon those who received their bonuses and November salaries to contribute to the crowd funding for (junior residential medical officers) JRMOS and (senior residential medical officers) SRMOS who didn’t receive their November salaries. Contributions can be made through the ZHDA account details are on our website www.zhda.org financial reports will be circulated.
Date for this week’s solidarity meeting will be announced in due course
Source: Zimbabwe Hospital Doctors Association (ZHDA)