Our analysis, as detailed in the Main Report and Technical Analysis leads us to conclude that the Voters Roll to be used in Zimbabwe on 30th July, 2018 is not fit for purpose. Based on that, it is our recommendation that the election scheduled to be held on 30th July 2018 be postponed pending resolution of the issues identified in our report, and others that may be identified elsewhere.
If the election goes forward, we urge all political parties, observers, ZEC and other stakeholders to ensure the following:
- Biometric data is immediately released to ALL political parties for auditing, to include the report generated by AFIS.
- Observers and political party representatives are posted at EVERY polling station country wide.
- Observer or political party representatives are set up outside every polling station to count the amount of people who enter the polling station to vote. A count of physical people who vote can be used to compare against the election results which are announced by ZEC.
- People take pictures of results posted outside all polling stations and distribute the pictures on social media so that independent verification of results can be undertaken.
- A full and thorough investigation into the duplicate, invalid, and inauthentic ID numbers appearing on the voters’ roll is immediately launched.
- A legal assistance program is put in place to both explore legal measures to preempt the disenfranchisement of voters on Election Day, and to prepare a strategy for rapid response to voters’ rights issues on Election Day itself.
- A post election audit of the systems used to collect and store biometric data including access to application and system metadata.
Access supporting files (17 MB Zip Folder)
Source: Team Pachedu
[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner column_margin=”default” top_padding=”20″ text_align=”left”][vc_column_inner column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ width=”1/1″ column_border_width=”none” column_border_style=”solid”][text-with-icon icon_type=”font_icon” icon=”icon-file-text” color=”Extra-Color-3″]Download PDF (194KB PDF)[/text-with-icon][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row]